What do forensic scientists do?
- National Institute of Justice – NIJ is the research, development and evaluation agency of the U.S. Department of Justice.
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- Organization of Scientific Area Committees for Forensic Science
- U.S. Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board
- U.S. Fire Administration
- Institute of Makers of Explosives – The safety association of the commercial explosives industry in the United States and Canada.
Certification and Accreditation
- American Board of Criminalistics
- American Society of Crime Laboratory Directors
- ANSI National Accreditation Board
- Digital Forensics Certification Board
- Committee E30 on Forensic Science ASTM International Standards
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences – professional society dedicated to the application of science to the law and committed to the promotion of education in the forensic sciences.
- California Association of Criminalists
- Mid-Atlantic Association of Forensic Scientists
- New Jersey Association of Forensic Scientists
- Northeastern Association of Forensic Scientists
- Northwest Association of Forensic Scientists
- Southern Association of Forensic Scientists
- Southwestern Association of Forensic Scientists
- European Network of Forensic Science Institutes
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- International Association of Bomb Technicians and Investigators