Refereed Journal Papers ( Denotes student co-authors)
- Yuan, Q., Tang, L., Yang, F., Brant, D. (accepted). “An exploration of SSAs disability determination process with multi-stage DEA method.” Journal of Modeling in Management
- Zhang, W., Liu, A., Tang, L., Li, Q. (in press). “A Cluster-Adjusted Rank-Based Test for a Clinical Trial Concerning Multiple Endpoints with Application to Dietary Intervention Assessment.” Biometrics.
- Tolkacz, M, Friedman, J.M., Koizumi, N., Tang, L., Ortiz, J. (2018) “UNOS Rule Changes and their Eects on Kidney and Liver Transplantation Outcomes”. Experimental and Clinical Transplantation.
- Lu, D., Zhou, C., Tang, L., Tan, M., Yuan, A., Chan, L. (2018) “Evaluating accuracy of diagnostic tests without conditional independence assumption.” Statistics in Medicine. 37, 2809-2821.
- Vikas, K., Salha R., Wang, D. 2, Wood, E., Salvetti, M., Ristori, G., Tang, L., Bagnato, F., and N. Ikonomidou, V. (2018). “Validating non-linear registration to improve subtraction images for lesion detection and quantication in multiple sclerosis”, Journal of Neuroimaging, 28(1), 70-78.
- Zhang, W., Yang, L., Tang, L.L., Liu, A., Mills, J.L., Sun, Y. and Li, Q. (2017). “GATE: an ecient procedure in study of pleiotropic genetic associations”, BMC genomics,
- Lerch, J., Walters, S., Tang, L., Taxman, F.S. (2017) “Eectiveness of a computerized motivational intervention on treatment initiation and substance use: Results from a randomized trial”, Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment, 80, 59-66.
- Wang, S., Yuan, A., Tang, L., Fang, H, Tan, M., Chan, L. (2017). “ROC analysis for phase II group sequential basket clinical trial.” International Journal of Statistics in Medical Research. 6, 22-33.
- Tang, L., Yuan, A., Collins, J., Che. X., Chan, L. (2017). “Unied Least Squares Methods for the Evaluation of Diagnostic Tests With the Gold Standard.” Cancer Informatics. 16, 1-12.
- Tang, L., Zhang, W., Li, Q., Ye., X., Chan, L. (2016). “Least squares regression methods for clustered ROC data with discrete covariates.” Biometrical Journal. 58, 747-765.
- Dong, T., Tang, L., Petricoin, E. F. (2014) “Combining Proteomic Biomarkers with and without the Limit of Detection.” Statistics in Medicine. 33, 1307-1320.
- Dong, T., Tang, L., Rosenberger, W. R. (2014) “Optimal Sampling Ratios in Comparative Diagnostic Trials.” Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series C. 63, 49917514.
- Wooditch, A., Tang, L., Taxman, F. (2014) “Which Criminogenic Need Changes Affect Criminal Oending and Drug Use among Probationers?” Criminal Justice and Behavior. 41, 276-299. (Top 10 Most-Read Article of 2014 from Criminal Justice and Behavior).
- Caudy, M., Tang, L., Taxman, F., Wooditch, A. (2014) “Short-term Trajectories of Substance Use in A Sample of Drug-involved Probationers.” Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 46(2):202-13.
- Tang, L., Caudy, M., Taxman, F. (2013) “Methods for Synthesizing Meta-Analyses.” Computational and Mathematical Methods in Medicine.
- Tang, L., Kang, L., Liu, C., Schisterman, E., and Liu, A. (2013) “An Additive Selection of Markers to Improve Diagnostic Accuracy Based on a Discriminatory Measure.” Academic Radiology. 20, 854-862.
- Tang, L., Liu, A., Chen, C., Schisterman, E., Zhang, B., Miao, Z. (2013). “Nonparametric ROC Summary Statistics for Correlated Diagnostic Marker Data.” Statistics in Medicine. 32, 2209-2220.
- Tang, L., Zhou, X. H. (2013). “A General Framework of Marker Validation Designs with Optimal Allocation to Assess Clinical Utility.” Statistics in Medicine. 32(4), 620-30.
- Tang, L., Liu, A., Schisterman, E., Zhou, X. H., Liu, C. (2012). “Homogeneity Tests of Clustered Diagnostic Markers with Applications to the BioCycle Study.” Statistics in Medicine. 31, 3638-3648.
- Tang, L. and Zhou, X. H. (2012). “A Semiparametric Separation Curve Approach for Comparing Correlated ROC Data from Multiple Markers.” Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics. 21 (3) , 662-676.
- Palsbo, S., Diao, G., Palsbo G., Tang, L., Rosenberger W. F., Mastal, M. (2011). “Case-Mix Adjustment and Enabled Reporting of the Health Care Experiences of Adults with Disabilities.” Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. 91(9), 1339-1346.
- Tang, L., Ming, T. and Zhou, X. H. (2011). “A Sequential Conditional Probability Ratio Test Procedure for Comparing Diagnostic Tests.” Journal of Applied Statistics. 38 (8), 1623-1632.
- Tang, L. and N. Balakrishnan. (2011). “A Random-Sum Wilcoxon Statistic and Its Application to Analysis of ROC and LROC Data.” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. 141 (1), 335-344.
- Dong, T., Tang, L. (2011). “Sequential Diagnostic Trial Designs.” Wiley Interdisciplinary Reviews: Computational Statistics. 3, 79-83.
- Tang, L., Du, P., Wu, CQ. (2010). “Compare Diagnostic Tests Using Transformation in variant Smoothed ROC Curves.” Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference. 140 (11), 3540-3551.
- Tang, L. and Liu, A. (2010). “Sample Size Recalculation in Sequential Diagnostic Trials.” Biostatistics. 11(1), 151-163.
- Tang, L. and Zhou, X. H. (2009). “Semiparametric Inferential Procedures for Comparing Multivariate ROC Curves with Interaction Terms.” Statistica Sinica. 19, 1203-1221.
- Du, P. and Tang, L. (2009). “Transformation-invariant and Nonparametric Monotone Smooth Estimation of ROC Curves.” Statistics in Medicine. 28, 349-359.
- Tang, L., Emerson, S. and Zhou, X.H. (2008). “Nonparametric and Semiparametric Group Sequential Methods for Comparing Accuracy of Diagnostic Tests.” Biometrics. 64, 1137-1145.
- Tang, L., Schucany, W. and Woodward, W. (2008). “Undercoverage of Wavelet-Based Resampling Condence Intervals.” Communications in Statistics. 37, 1307-1315.
Refereed Conference Papers
- Marasco, E., Cando, S., Tang, L. (2019), “Cross-Sensor Evaluation of Textural Descriptors for Inferring Gender from Fingerprints”, Cross Domain Biometric Recognition Workshop at 2018 IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV).
- Marasco, E., Cando, S., Tang, L. Tabassi, E. (2019), “Can Liveness Be Automatically Detected from Latent Fingerprints?”, 2018 IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV) Workshop on Image and Video Forensics.
- Marasco, E., Cando, S., Tang, L., Marcialis, G.L. (2018) “A Look At Non-Cooperative Presentation Attacks in Fingerprint Systems”, IEEE International Conference on Image Processing Theory, Tools and Applications (IPTA) 2018, pp.1-6.
- Zhu, X., Tang, L., Tabassi, E. (2017, October). ” Repeatability and Reproducibility of Forensic Likelihood Ratio Methods when Sample Size Ratio Varies”. The International Joint Conference on Biometrics (IJCB).
- Tang, L. (2008). “A Family of Nonparametric Statistics for LROC Curves.” 2008 International Conference on BioMedical Engineering and Informatics, 758-762.
Refereed Book Chapters
- Xuan, Ye, Tang, L. (2015). “Group Sequential Methods for Comparing Correlated Receiver Operating Characteristic Curves”. Applied Statistics in Biomedicine and Clinical Trials Design. Ed. by Z. Chen et al.
- Caudy, M., Tang, L., Taxman, F. S., Watson, C. (2014). “A Standardized Method for Reviewing Systematic Reviews: An Overview of the Evidence Mapping to Advance Justice Practice (EMTAP) Project.” Systematic Reviews in Criminology: What Have We Learned? Ed. by D. F. Farrington and D. Weisburd.
- Caudy, M., Tang, L., Lerch, J., Ainsworth, S. A., Taxman, F. S. “Reducing Recidivism Through Correctional Programming: Using Meta-Analyses to Inform the RNR Simulation Tool.” (2014). Risk Need Responsivity (RNR): Simulation Strategies to Respond to the Call for a Correctional System that Reduces Recidivism. Ed. by F. S. Taxman and A. Pattavina.
- Chen, Z., Aiyi, L., Qu, Y., Tang, L., Ting, N. and Tsong, Y. eds. (2015). Applied Statistics in Biomedicine and Clinical Trials Design: Selected Papers from 2013 ICSA/ISBS Joint Statistical Meetings, Springer.
- Tang, L. (2010). Review of “Statistics Using SPSS: An Integrative Approach” by Sharon Lawner Weinberg and Sarah Knapp Abramowitz. The American Statistician. 64, 361.
- Tang, L. (2008). Review of “Analyzing Receiver